Seafood Arugula Pasta
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yields: 6-8 servings
Pasta of choice, I like using brown rice, quinoa or chickpea spaghetti *
1 pound seafood of choice
1 pound frozen peas
5 oz fresh arugula, washed and dried
1 red onion, diced
5 gloves garlic, crushed
2 lemons, juiced
Zest of two lemons
2 tablespoon oregano, dried
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 Lemon, cut in quarters (for serving)
Red chili flakes (optional)
1. Prepare pasta according to package instructions. I like it al dente, drain well, and allow it to cool.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a deep skillet. Saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes until translucent then add the seafood. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add frozen peas and 1 tablespoon dried oregano and stir. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until both peas and seafood are cooked.
4. In a platter, layer cooked pasta followed by seafood and peas then combine. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon dried oregano and salt/pepper then combine well. Top with fresh arugula one handful at a time and combine.
5. Serve with lemon wedges and red chili flakes.
* When choosing pasta, I recommend ones that are made with quality whole grains, legumes, vegetables or root vegetables.