Have you ever stopped to look at what ingredients that go into your cleaning products? your beauty products? or even your shampoo? Nearly every single product we use from shampoo to laundry detergent, countertop spray to perfume, is filled with toxic chemicals, many of which have been proven to disrupt our hormones.
For real change, the best thing we can all do is to know what is in our day to day products and make cleaner choices. I recommend looking at EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetic Database to learn more about what’s really in your products.
For many years, I used the most expensive top of the line makeup brands until I developed a rash on my face that was directly related to these products. This was my wakeup call and since then I started choosing all natural products and brands. Guess what? My skin has never been better!
Here is a list of products I use and love - they are clean and great quality:
1. Skin care: I love this brand, it’s organic and all natural, I use their sunblock daily , coconut oil and fruit serum... amazing quality! Feels like a spa!
3. All natural anti- aging secret. It costs a fraction of what the fancy brands and works amazingly!
4. Deodorant: If you make one change with what you apply on your skin, let deodorant be it! I wrote a full blog post about it here.
5. Make-up: This is my go to brand, and yes you can find it at your local pharmacy! I use this mascara and love it and this makeup system for a night out! Another awesome brand is Vapour - high quality makeup for those who love it!
6. Nails: Zoya is my all time favorite!
8. Bath soap: I use an all natural olive oil soap bar. Pure and simple!
9. Bath wash: I use and love this brand.
10. Lotion. I don't use any.. Ha! Instead I use this amazing bar as a buffer and a moisturizer.
11. Sunscreen. I use all natural, mineral based products and they work perfectly! I use Sun Love by Ann Marie for my face, it's tinted so it gives me a lovely glow without the heaviness of makeup! I also use the Coconut Body Oil as an aftersun from that brand. For my body, I use this brand. For my 3 year old, I use this brand .
Here are the products I use around the house:
3. Hand Soap
4. Dish Soap
There are many do it yourself (DIY) homemade cleaning products that are safe, affordable + alternative to toxic store-bought cleaners. Most are really easy to make, using basic ingredients. If you are interested in this option you can checkout my pinterest board.